2 January 2014

DIARY - fitness bunny

Runnng shoes: Nike Air Relentless

I've finally come to the realisation that life is going way to quickly, finishing school feels like 6 months ago rather than 3+years, and it still hasn't sunk in that I've half way through my degree! So, this year I'm setting myself a challenge...in May 2014, alongside my boyfriend, we will be completing the Worcester Half Marathon - raising money for St Richard's Hospice. Firstly, having a set date is great motivation to get fit, but also I want to prove to myself that I can achieve this goal!
They say purchasing running gear is a ideal way to encourage yourself to get off the sofa...so obviously I have taken the opportunity to buy some new clothing! I spent the majority of last night scrolling through pages and pages of running trainers. The only criteria I had was that my running shoes had to be pink, these ones definitely fit the bill! I couldn't resist the pink and turquoise blue contrast in these trainers, there were several others with splashes of pink but I decided to go the whole way and have HOT pink. Hopefully Harrison (my boyfriend) won't loose me in the crowds now? 
My running tops and bottoms aren't as exciting as my shoes as I opted for plain black (let the shoes do the talking ey!). 
I know my running clothing isn't the important factor...my aim is to raise £500. I decided if I'm going to do it, I'm going to make it worth while and raise as much as possible! Hopefully in a few weeks time I'll have an online donation page set up...which I will be spamming Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with!
If all goes well, we intend to complete the Birmingham Half Marathon in October 2014. Nothing better than a few goals to aim for!
Anyone else set goals for this year?!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shoes and I love that you're doing it for a great cause! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of these bad boys, they're AMAZING... and even better that you're running for charity! Good luck you should be proud of yourself :)
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything to help motivate me! Thanks x x x

      Delete